- A child of a parent who sustained a work-related serious injury or fatality, covered by the worker’s compensation laws of Wisconsin. Parent’s injury or death must have been a compensable or compromised claim.
- The parent’s injury or death had a financial impact on the family.
- Students should be between ages of 17 to 24.
- Preference given to students who are Wisconsin residents at time of application.
- Preference given to students entering Wisconsin schools.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED/HSED, or a high school student in good standing (who will graduate in academic year).
Scholarship Submission Requirements
- Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application and all required forms by May 1st for academic year beginning in following Fall semester.
- Narrative (2 page maximum) describing your parent’s work-related accident, its personal/economic impact on you and your family, and why the scholarship will help you attain your educational goals.
- Copy of completed FAFSA form (mandatory for scholarship application). If possible: Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA processing center; Financial Aid Award letter and Student Account Statement from educational institution.
- High school transcript or college transcript.
- Letter of acceptance from school or class schedule for enrollment
- Both completed authorization forms in Section 4.
- Optional letter(s) of recommendation from a non-relative.
- Awarded by Kids’ Chance Scholarship Committee and Board of Directors, on basis of application materials and information from WI Worker’s Compensation Dept.
- Scholarship monies paid directly to educational institution.
- Range generally from $500 to $5,000, in an annual amount (not per semester).
- Scholarship Recipients Must Reapply Annually via Renewal Application
Application deadline for First-Time Applicants is May 1st of each year.
Renewal Application Deadline is June 15th of each year.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by August, if not sooner.
Please contact us BEFORE the deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org.